Monday, September 10, 2012

Lucas Gerald Rodeen

 

Lucas arrived on Monday, July 2 at 12:12 am at Carle Hospital in Champaign.  He was 8 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long.  I was scheduled to be induced on Thurs, Jun 29 but kept getting pushed back because labor & delivery was so packed.  Busy weekend for babies!  I finally got to go on Sunday evening.  We arrived at 5, started pitossin almost immediately, and Lucas was out in 2 pushes at 12:12 : )  Much faster process than with Johnny (16 hours and an hour of pushing).  The recovery with Lucas was so much easier as well which was wonderful considering Johnny is a very active 4 year old!  This was a picture taken right when Johnny came in the room and got to meet Lucas for the 1st time.  This is a moment that I will never forget!! 

Lucas was 10 lbs and 7 oz and 22 inches at his 1 month appointment.  The pic below was taken at 1 month.

He's now smiling and cooing and making our hearts melt.  Johnny loves him and always calls him his "cutie baby".  He rarely calls him Lucas, always "my baby".  Pretty sweet and they are both doing great.  I can't wait for them to play together some day! 


Lucas is now 2 months old and becoming a chunky monkey : )  We go for his 2 month check-up on Wed so will post his weight and height then.

 
Last pic before having Lucas.  This pic was taken on Wednesday and I had him the following Monday.  My belly was crazy!!!

No comments: