Sunday, June 7, 2009

Birthday Month!

I honestly cannot believe that it's been a year already!!! What a wonderful addition our little Johnny has been to the family and this year has been such a great experience and a great start to a new chapter in life. He is truly pure joy every single day and makes every day fun (and of course stressful some days...ha ha!).
Johnny had his 1 year doctor appt on Friday and he is 23 lbs 3 oz (50th-75th percentile) and 31 inches (90th percentile). He screamed the whole appt and hates the doctor. Not fun but what can you do?!?
This month Johnny has been "fake laughing" like crazy. He's been doing it for a while but now he does it often and with a big smirk on his face. He's getting close to walking but not there yet. Now he says "HI" and refers to anything with wheels as a tractor (prounounced ta-ta). He loves playing with toy trucks and tractors and makes the noises to go with it. He's still loving books....I would assume that stage lasts for a while now, though.
We had his bday party over Memorial Day weekend at Paul's parents' house. It was a beautiful day and we all had a blast. We did presents and cake and then cooked out for both Paul & Johnny's bdays. Paul turned 30 on the 26th. Johnny's daycare had a party for him as well and then Paul & I took him to the park and had a quiet day at home on his actual bday on the 31st.
Johnny made me these flowers w/his picture at daycare for Mom's Day : ) The next pics is Johnny admiring the new flowers on the deck with daddy.

Pics from the bday party



And pics from later in the night celebrating Paul's bday
Paul & I went to the Cubs game on his actual bday.

Johnny with his girlfriend, Lily, at school (see last month's post if you haven't already heard about her) and his bday hat for his party.
And finally.....Johnny on the day of his bday....officially 1 year old!



2 comments:

Shelly said...

SOOOO cute! I can't believe it's been a whole year either. It seems last last month when I was rushing up to the hospital so I wouldn't miss the birth!! haha

Stacey said...

What a sweet boy! Happy Birthday, Johnny!